Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Front Porch Makeover Part 2



My sweetie always seems to get dragged into helping with my projects! He scraped, sanded, and tightened up the seat straps~ Thanks Tom!!



I gave it two coats of creamy vanilla.


Added two pillows from the Salvation Army at $2.99 each and sewed on a doily scrap as an embellishment. I think it turned out very shabby! The hooked rug was done by my brother in law's mother and he sold it to me for $5.00 at his garage sale! I was in the right place at the right time for that one!



Fixed up the glider a friend's mom gave me, to look more inviting. Martha Stewart quilt and shams that I bought so long ago on sale I thought looked comfy. The crochet throw was from a yard sale for $2.00 and the random toss pillows were $1.00 each from separate garage sales.



The old desk was given two coats of creamy vanilla also and I pulled a lamp from the house to add light for evening reading!
Final reveal will be posted tomorrow! (I know, it sounds way too dramatic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment